It’s been more than usable for months, but the final release of 5.0 is now here. Headline features include Action Cable, a framework for handling WebSockets in Rails apps, API mode, ideal for building back-ends to single-page apps, and Turbolinks 5.
A look at an interesting change in Ruby 2.3 that affects how objects are handled when incorrectly identified as ranges (e.g.
Have you been wanting to try Elasticsearch? This month only, get a limited edition t-shirt when you deploy Elasticsearch on Compose. All new accounts are completely free for 30-days.
A talk from RedDotRubyConf (Singapore) about ‘rediscovering the joy in building Ruby webapps’ by using some radically different alternatives to Rails and ActiveRecord.
Sandi Metz is well known for her Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby book and object-oriented design courses. Here, a student wrote up the top lessons she picked up from Sandi.
A great walk through what the new Turbolinks brings to the table in Rails 5, both for the browser and hybrid apps.
- The Ruby on Rails 5.0 Release Notes NEWS
- Rails 5 Makes SQL Statements Even More Colorful NEWS
- Getting Started with Cells TUTORIAL
Learn how Trailblazer::Cell helps you refactor legacy views.
- A Look at RSpec's 'be_within' Matcher TUTORIAL
- Building Your Own Linux Tools with Ruby: A Practical Guide TUTORIAL
- Effectively Scaling Sidekiq Workers TUTORIAL
- An Intro to Setting up Your First Docker Container for your Rails App TUTORIAL
CODELITT INCUBATOR BLOG
- Free eBook: Understanding the Docker Ecosystem
In this free eBook, we introduce the Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Kitematic, Docker Machine, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose, Docker Cloud, and Data Center. Learn what they are and how they work.
- Just-in-Time Static Type Checking for Dynamic Languages VIDEO
The focus here is on Ruby.
BRIANNA M. REN
- Secrets of Testing Rails 5 Apps VIDEO
- Rails 5 Features You Haven't Heard About VIDEO
Moving away from the headline features.
- How We Test Our Rails Projects OPINION
- A time saver solution for those small but critical updates
If you're struggling to find time, budget or resources to improve your Rails app, CodeCare® will help. Get fixed price ongoing upgrades and improvements to keep your app rolling.
- JSONAPI::Resources: Rails Library for Developing JSON-API Compliant Servers CODE
- Logidze: Tools for Logging DB Records Changes in Rails CODE
- ruby-facebook-messenger-starter: An Example Facebook Messenger App CODE
- ActiveParams: Automatic Strong Parameters CODE
“Stop manually defining strong_parameters in each and every controller.”
CHEW CHOON KEAT
- income-tax: Ruby Library to Calculate The Income Tax for Any Country CODE
- Resugan: A Simple Event Driven Architecture Framework for Ruby CODE
JOSEPH EMMANUEL DAYO
- Fingerprint: A Data Integrity Tool to Detect Changes in Files CODE